Many of you use PDF for your daily activities. When PDF forms or even viewing them, you may have wondered if the text size is too small or big. You might have also tried ways to change them but to no avail. So, the begs. Can you change the font size in a PDF fillable form? More importantly, if the answer is ‘yes,’ how? Let’s try and find out how to change font size in PDF fillable form and whether you can change the font size of a PDF fillable form.
Can You Change the Font Size in a PDF Fillable Form?
You can edit most PDF forms within like the Adobe PDF Reader. Likewise, you also have other ways to edit PDF fillable forms and perform other functions besides changing the default font size, such as selecting and copying text. That brings us to the question: How to Change Font Size in PDF Fillable Form?
Many people feel that PDF documents have become relatively easy to use over the years due to the many changes that they have undergone. However, that is not the case at all.
Sure. PDF fillable forms have become easier to use with the many editions compared to their previous counterparts, but that in no way means that an amateur user can edit them. However, even an amateur user can learn how to edit a PDF fillable form to make the font size appear or small.
How to Change Font Size in PDF Fillable Form?
There are many ways to change the font the size of the text in a PDF fillable form. However, by following these techniques, you can get it done in no time.
Changing the Default Font Size
You can Adobe Acrobat to change the default font size of a PDF fillable form. To do this:
1. Download and install Adobe Acrobat if you don’t already have it on your PC.
2. Open Adobe Acrobat and find and click on ‘Home’ to open the PDF file that you want to edit.
3. Here, find and click on ‘Menu,’ click ‘Edit PDF,’ and then ‘Edit.’
4. Select the text or the text area for which you want to change the font size.
5. Once you do this, you should see an option called ‘Format’ in the right pane.
6. Here, you will have various options, such as font and font size. Select the appropriate option to change the font size, and the text you selected should be automatically formatted accordingly.
Note here that the above method works for a Windows PC. If you want to change the font size of your fillable PDF form on Mac:
1. On your Mac, open the fillable PDF form for which you want to change the font.
2. Find and click on ‘Tools.’ You can find this option in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. Next, click on ‘Annotate,’ and then on ‘Text.’
4. Once you click on ‘Text,’ a new text box appears. Type the text and click on the ‘A’ icon to edit the font size.
Here, you can also edit other font properties such as color or placement. A quicker way to access this menu would be to click on the ‘T’ icon that you can find under ‘Preview.’
Changing the Font Size in the Paid Versions
If you are using a paid version of Adobe Acrobat, you can change the font size with the help of the ‘Prepare Form’ option. To do this:
1. Open the PDF document for which you want to change the font size.
2. Click on the ‘Tools’ menu present at the top of the screen and click on ‘Prepare Form.’
3. After that, right-click on the field that you want to resize and select ‘Properties.’
4. Click on the ‘Appearance’ tab in the’ Properties’ menu and change the font size.
How to Change Font Size in Adobe Fill and Sign?
You can also use Adobe Fill and Sign to change the font size of a PDF fillable form. To do this on Windows:
1. Open Adobe Fill and Sign on your PC.
2. Click on the ‘Fill and Sign’ option that you can find on the toolbar to the right of your screen.
3. Navigate to ‘Sign’ and then to ‘Fill and Sign.’
4. Here, the system will ask you for the user who intends to use the tool. Choose ‘You,’ and you should see a list amongst which there is also an option to change the font or font size.
Similarly, to change the font or font size using Fill and Sign on Mac:
1. Install and open Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Open a PDF file.
3. Navigate to ‘Fill and Sign’ from the ‘Tools’ menu at the top of your screen.
4. Double-click or select a space containing text for which you want to change the font or font size.
5. When you double-click on the space containing the text for which you want to change the font or font size, you will get a prompt. Upon this prompt, you must click on the large ‘A’ to make the font appear bigger, or, on small ‘A’ to make it appear smaller than it was before.
Other Ways to Change the Font Size in PDF Fillable Form
If you want to learn how to change font size in PDF fillable form, there are many other ways you can do it, besides those mentioned above. You can also change the font or font size in other applications such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint or using a PDF editor. To do this in Microsoft Word:
1. Open a new Word document and convert it to PDF by clicking ‘File’ and choosing ‘Export’ from the list of options that you can find to the left pane.
2. Once you choose ‘Export,’ select ‘Create PDF/XPS’ document to convert the file to PDF.
3. Now, open the converted PDF file, and navigate to ‘Fill and Sign’ from the ‘Tools’ menu.
4. Double-click on the text for which you want to change the font and click the large ‘A’ to make it bigger or the small ‘A’ to make it smaller.
You can also do this in Microsoft PowerPoint or Excel by following the same steps as above.
Alternatively, you can use a PDF editor to change the font size in fillable forms. You can find various tools online that let you edit PDF documents for free. PDF2Go is a handy tool that you can find online. The tool will help you edit PDF and perform on the text, such as changing the font or font size.
With that, here is how To change font size in PDF fillable form using PDF2Go.
1. Login to the PDF2Go website.
2. Load the PDF file for which you want to change the font or font size by dragging and dropping it onto the space provided on the website.
3. Once the PDF file has loaded successfully, click ‘Text’ and type something anywhere on the form.
4. Increase or decrease the font size using the same ‘Text’ tool.
5. Save the changes and your PDF file.
Likewise, PDF Element Pro is another tool you can use to change the font or font size of a fillable PDF form. To use this tool to change the font or font size of the text contained in a PDF fillable form:
1. Download and install PDF Element Pro.
2. Load the fillable PDF form.
3. Once the form loads, access the ‘Form’ tab and click on a field you want to change the font or font size.
4. Then, go to the ‘Appearance’ section, and change the font size of the selected text.
5. Lastly, save the changes you made to the fillable PDF form, and close the PDF Element Pro application.
If you are looking to change the font face or type of the text contained in a PDF fillable form, you can use tools like PDF Filler. To change the font type of a PDF fillable form using PDF Filler:
1. Access the online version of PDF Filler by visiting the official website.
2. Load a PDF fillable form, and type something.
3. Select the text, and from the dropdown list that you can find on the web tool, choose a font type that you want to apply.
You can also change the font size to make it look bigger or smaller, or do other operations, such as bolding, underlining, or italicizing the text.
If you are wondering how to change font size in a fillable PDF form, you can rest assured that it is you have many ways to do it. You could use Adobe Acrobat’s native features, such as ‘Fill and Sign,’ or you could even use a PDF editor. Whatever tool you choose to use, always remember that changing the font type or size of a PDF fillable form is easy. All you need to do is follow any technique in this guide, and you will be on your way in no time.