Thunderbird is gaining popularity and there is a good reason for that. It is a free application from the makers of Mozilla. It allows you to create multiple email accounts together at the same time. Just like Outlook.
Moreover, thunderbird also allows the users to search for the accumulated email, hence the app is gaining popularity. It is an open source application getting popular for its features. Due to its transparency and ease of use it is gaining traction day by day.
Thunderbird is one of the most secure, customizable, and free email clients with a fully integrated calendar that makes your task easy to organize. Some of the best and most noticeable feature that makes the thunderbird to stand out in the market are as follows:
- The address book allows you to add people to your contacts in just a single click
- Filtration gives you the exact email that you might have been looking for
- The interface of the thunderbird seems to be classy and easy to go with.
- It supports the users privacy and remote image protection
- Tabbed emails allows to open the mails easily in different tabs
It is easy to use and download the thunderbird on Linux, Mac, and Windows. However, it doesn’t support iOS and Android currently. But it can be done for the future as told by Mozilla Support. If you want to know about “how to change font size in Thunderbird Email”, read this blog to be interactive with thunderbird feature and its capabilities.
Initial Requirements For Thunderbird
The requirement varies according to the platform that you are using, but some requirements are so common for macOS and Windows. What are those? Let’s have look to some of those common points
For Windows 7 to Windows 10 and macOS 10.12 to MacOS 11, you should have:
- 2GB of RAM
- 200 MB space in Drive
For Linux/GNU, you should have the following:
- GTK+3.14 or Higher
- X.Org 1.0 or Higher
- Libstdc++ 4.8.1 or higher
How would you set up the email account? “How to change font size in thunderbird email?” Any ideas?
Don’t worry we are here to help you out with the complete guide. So let’s drive deeper into it.
How to Set Up Your Email Account in Thunderbird?
It is easy to set up your account in Thunderbird email by filling in the credentials and logging in to the app. You just have to download the latest version of Thunderbird, so that you can easily log in to it.
After downloading the latest version, just follow the below given steps:
- If you have installed the thunderbird for the first time, you have to make some initial changes to the system. Firstly you need to set up the existing email address to the screen, where you have to set up your email. Enter the name, address, and password.
- Check Mark on the remember password for future and then continue
- Thunderbird will automatically find the server setting no matter, it doesn’t matter if you are using Outlook, Gmail, or Yahoo. We recommend you to use the IMAP to sync your email between the email provider and thunderbird. Select IMAP and finally click on Done.
- Put in all your details related to the gmail account.
- Now, you have to click allow and grant the permission
- After this you are just done, now after a few minutes check back your thunderbird account. You wilL see your msg sync there itself.
- Finally you are done with all the setting up process.
Change Font Size in Thunderbird Email
So, now we are done with setting the thunderbird email, here are the steps on “how to change font size in thunderbird email”. So, let’s get started with it. You need to follow the steps for the changing the default font in Thunderbird email
- Go to the menu icon on the upper right and select account settings
- Click on the composition and addressing under you email in left sidebar
- Be sure about composing the message in the Format box make it HTML, then go ahead and choose Global Composing Preferences
- Select general in the left side of the bar then scroll down and come to the language and appearances for making changes to the font.
- Now, Close the settings window. The change takes effect the next time you choose a compose message
How to Change Font Size in Thunderbird Email
Now, for changing the font for an individual email, compose your message and select the format of the font. Now to are all set with the email and finally the changes are done to the font size. Now you can easily check it on the thunderbird app.
Theme Font and Size Changer Setting
The global feature when you think of “how to change font size in thunderbird email” that enlarges/zooms both Firefox itself and web page content simultaneously.
Changes the font family used for Firefox itself. System Font will be displayed and you can sensibly use that also.
One can make changes to the font size used for firefox itself. Below we have given the more information related to how to change font size in thunderbird email
Changes the font weight for the Firefox to bold.
Changes the background color of the top toolbars
How Do I See Email Size In Thunderbird?
Right click on the folder, go to the properties, now enable the view/layout/folder pane column for showing the total number and size.
How Do I Change Font Size in Thunderbird?
If you want to change font size in Thunderbird, follow the steps given below for changing the font size.
Firstly, Select General in the left sidebar, now scroll to the language and appearances options. There you can adjust the default font and its size.
Select advanced under the fonts and colors for more options. You can find different languages. Close the thunderbird settings windows. The change takes effect whenever you compose the message ahead.
We hope that now one can easily change the font size in thunderbird email. This complete guide is useful for everyone.
Is thunderbird safe to use?
Thunderbird is the moderately safe email client. However, always remember it is the open source app and no longer has support and was upgraded by Mozilla. Thunderbird uses MSF files for storing the email, but sometimes if the files get corrupted, it can cause thunderbird to become slow.
In order to make the thunderbird fast you just have to remove all the MSF Files. Though people choose thunderbird as it is quite reliable for the business purpose and majorly used for the intuitive features. Moreover, it is free of cost so many people love it.
Updating Email Servers in Thunderbird
1.Open Account Setting
You can find the account under the Tools options
2.Updating the Server Setting
Locate the email account, select the ‘server setting’’, select this and update the server name.
3.Update Outgoing Server
Select SMTP from the account setting window. Click on the email and select the Edit button from the list. Click on the OK button when you are done
4. Save Settings
Click the ‘Ok’ button in the account setting window to close and save it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Is thunderbird Email Free?
Thunderbird is a free email application that can easily be set up with great features. If you are looking for something that adds-on a great feature, thunderbird is the one for you.
2.Is Thunderbird Email better than Gmail?
Thunderbird has the capabilities to use all the providers. The tab features seem to be great that allows users to have each account with the same feature. The security and offline capabilities outform Gmail on many levels.
3.Should I use thunderbird email?
Thunderbird mail is moderately safe for the users, though it is open source hence, lacking in some. Now it is no longer supported and upgraded by Mozilla. It supports Windows11. Using thunderbird email for business purposes can be truly impactful.
4.Should I use Thunderbird or Outlook?
If you are looking for something that is intuitive and free of cost. Using thunderbird is the better option, whereas, if you are handling numerous mails then go for outlook. Thunderbird charges nothing for using its features, hence it is all free of cost for all the users.
5.What is the difference between Thunderbird and Gmail?
Thunderbird is the desktop email client, though you will be impressed with the extensive feature. Whereas, gmail is both an email client and an email provider. So, the reliable one varies according to the emails and work. The major difference between them is features but it depends on the work whether you should choose thunderbird or gmail.
6.Is thunderbird free of the business purpose?
Thunderbird is an open source software. Anyone can easily download it and it is free of cost. Therefore, one can use it for business purposes. Whether you are using it personally or for the business purpose you will get it free of cost. You don’t have to pay anything while using this open source application